Payment Operations Analyst
Freemarket is a specialist in cross-border payments and currency exchange. It works with businesses to accelerate growth by giving them access to cross-border payments and currency exchange optimised for their needs. Freemarket does this by blending its own technology, insights, experience and industry connections with the best technology and banking service infrastructures available.
Freemarket’s platform gives brands access to speed and cost benefits previously reserved for only the biggest businesses. Freemarket’s vision is to create a world where every company has the freedom to do business across borders using its own optimised cross-border payments network to make instant, transparent payments that will drive growth.
The successful delivery of secure, trusted, and scalable business process is what enables Freemarket to deliver enhanced client success, and drive business growth. The Operations function underpins all facets of client money management from initiation to settlement and beyond.
Responsibilities will include:
The Payment Operations Analyst will be responsible for:
- Execution of Client FX & Payment oriented business needs via in-house systems and a range of Bank partner interfaces
- Completion of Daily Reconciliation & Exception Management processes
- Conduct of Bank facing FX Trade & Settlement procedures
- Daily Operational interaction with wide range of internal Freemarket Banking Partners at both system and ad-hoc levels
- Contribution to internal Operational review and planning functions
- Daily collaboration with Freemarket’s Compliance, Technology, and Banking workstreams
The person we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have circa 2 years experience working in a Payments, FX Settlements, Banking, or similar regulated environment
- Be familiar with the use of Banking, Trading, and/or Reconciliation systems for the purposes of managing secure delivery of client business
- Be numerate, and be able to demonstrate accuracy in meeting key time-critical processes
- Exhibit organisational and planning skills, with a proactive approach to managing change
- Be solution-oriented, with the ‘customer at the core’
- Above all, have the ability to adopt an open-minded approach and be eager to learn new things!